Duve, this was so beautiful that I read it out loud to my wife --
first time I've ever done that with a FFL offering, and a bit of a
contradiction I suppose (loudly pronouncing your panagyric to the
power of silence), but what of That? She totally dug it too. It
reminded her of her Dad, who was indeed as quietly centered as Shiva.
Thanks. And for me, you've summed up my own current stance toward
FFL, and toward the fair field of Life -- simply to be Aware, to be
Awareness, quietly to Be, unconditional and whole-hearted; the rest
takes care of itself. On the surface this approach might appear
uninvolved and bloodless, but au contraire -- it has shown me through
an anciently unconscious fear and hatred of Purusha for Prakriti (and
vice versa) to the utter love-passion, surrender, and identity of
Shiva-Shakti.

*L*L*L*

--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Duveyoung <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Good writing!
>
> Unfortunately, it's sponsored by Tamas.  If one is rejecting
anything,
> it is ego's blind perspective channeling Tamas The Ancient One.
>
> To thwart Kali's Dancing, only silence is the answer. Only silence
can
> brace Her.
>
> I was a substitute gym teacher for a day.  So we played dodge ball,
of
> course.  Well, these seventh graders would cheat their own moms in
> this activity.  A ball would graze a kid, and if he thought no one
saw
> it -- meaning the substitute teacher -- then it didn't happen.  To
> these kids denial was one of the game's skills -- if you could pull
it
> off with panache, you could even get the one who threw the ball to
> agree that it wasn't a hit.
>
> So here's me in the bleachers watching the action.  Most of the hits
> were solid enough that the kids would move off the court, but the
> grazes were still a big problem.
>
> Big Problem I tell ya, right there in river city where B and P rhyme
> with whatever and it stands for T.
>
> Kali was on that court.
>
> Except when?
>
> When silence was there.
>
> All I had to do was be looking into the eyes of any grazed kid when
he
> instinctively looked up at me to see if I witnessed the event.  If I
> was staring at him, he'd just his lower his arms and walk off the
> court.  Not a word needed to be said, and the kid was moral.
Silence