> <snip>
> In contrast, those who cling so strongly to what
> > they believe now, to the point of being incapable
> > of stating even the *possibility* that these beliefs
> > might be less than perfect, have made a commitment
> > to STAYING THE SAME. They are actively *resisting*
> > change, and thus resisting the very enlightenment
> > they profess to seek.
> >
> But you could be wrong. :-)

Yes, this is the interesting thing -- for the most part we can only see
what we BE, or have been. Getting back to M. Scott Peck's model for a
moment, on closer look it all appears to be simple, alternating
currents or strata or layers of particle-identification and field-
identification.

Thus his POV-1 (Chaos) is the emergence of small-I particle-
identification, the unruly child.

Then his POV-2 (Fundamentalism) is the first emergence of field-
identification, subservience of the chaotic "evil"-I to a larger whole -
- one of rules, society, tribal consciousness (one could argue that
this is actually its second appearance, after the prenatal mother-child
we-ness).

Next his POV-3 (Eclecticism) is the re-emergence of small-I particle
identification, now with broadly expanded freedoms. One now sees the
limiting or relative nature of the belief-systems of one's previous
fundamentalism.

Next his POV-4 (Love) is a new spiral of field-identification, Being
the Perfection of what IS, and so on. Beginning to see the relative
nature of *all* of our stories, even the one giving the subtitles in
this moment. Beginning to see *we have a choice* in how we gather and
interpret data -- and that it's the "finest feeling level" we choose
which determines our mental interpretrations and sense-gathering.
Another great relief, yet more freedom, etc.

Next we could posit a POV-5 (Bliss) wherein we BE this great field now
*collapsing* its totality into particular point(s) of awareness,
embodying phsyical, literal, bliss. Now we see that the small I and the
large I are the same.

And so on, and so on -- constantly alternating strata of fluid and
particle, in ever-rising harmonics.

When one is speaking a particular or a field truth, from whatever
level, one will tend to be heard, resonated with, by those identifying
primarily with some harmonic of that given stratum. Thus one expressing
the particular truth of "I-as-bliss" will resonate with the Eclectics
*and* the Chaotics, both of whom are Doing Their Own Thing. One
expressing the field truth of "Only One" will resonate with the Lovers
and the Fundamentalists, both of whom are experiencing profound
devotion and mergence with the One.

We could see these alternating layers of particle- and field-
identification as themselves the alternating denser-and-rarer strata of
cosmic speech....

*L*L*L*