From: FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
On Behalf Of Richard J. Williams
Sent: Sunday, May 27, 2007 9:53 AM
To: FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [FairfieldLife] Re: My response to a friend's suggestion that we
engage in a discussion about th

TurquoiseB wrote:
> I couldn't agree more, and find the assertion to
> the opposite -- that one "should" believe that one's
> spiritual teacher is "perfect" -- very curious indeed.

This seems to me to be a contradiction in terms - if someone
has a "spiritiul teacher" it would seem that they would have
to leave their critical faculties at the door. Otherwise,
why would anyone want to have a "spiritual teacher" in the
first place - they could just have a "critical faculties"
teacher, or take a course in logic at a secular college.

So you're suggesting that critical thinking and spiritual development are
mutually exclusive?