> <snip>
> > I know that many people don't like to consider this,
> > and find some comfort or inspiration in believing
> > that Christ was NOT human, and that he was somehow
> > "divine" and the literal Son Of God.
>
> Actually, Christian doctrine is that Jesus was
> *both* fully human *and* fully divine, not one
> or the other. The belief that he was purely divine
> and not human is one of the oldest heresies,
> called Docetism (a later variant was called
> Monophysitism).

Judy, you are correct regarding the Christian doctrine about Jesus
being both human and divine.

For some reason, I can't help thinking about the status of Krishna in
theological terms, assuming he was indeed a valid historical figure.
Since he too was born of a human mother, it is possible to say the
same thing about Krishna.  But, upon reading the Shrimad Bhagavatam,
I would hazard to guess that the Krishna devotees would consider
Krishna to be divine only.

Nonetheless, I remember reading that Prabhupada believed Krishna and
Jesus were one and the same.  From the Hindu point of view, it is
possible to consider Jesus as another incarnation of Krishna.

>  I don't find
> > that inspiring. Where is the impetus for someone
> > to follow his example if Christ only got to where
> > he got to, consciousness-wise, because he was
> > "special." I find inspiration in the idea that
> > he was Just Another Human, just like me and you.
> > If he could do the things he did *as* a human,
> > then so can we. If the only reason that he could
> > do them was because he was "special," then we
> > *can't* aspire to doing those things.
>
> John 14:10:
>
> He that believeth on me, the works that I do shall he
> do also; and greater works than these shall he do.

Bravo!  You do good research.