In a message dated 5/29/2007 1:37:15 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

Andrew Cohen, Ekhart Tolle and many others have had spontaneous experiences
of enlightenment. They have forgotten what got them to that experience in the
first place. After all if your in a state of CC or GC and you forget about
the  dualistic path that got you there in the first place why would you
recommend it.  I think MMY is correct. The nervous system needs to be cultured
reflect a  specific state of cons. The regular practice helps culture the
nervous
system.  Andrew and others should be focusing on the collective meditation
and promoting it within their groups. All of these teachers seem to be more
concerned about their own attention to what they want to teach. We need more
teachers to reach out to others and start a network
of practitioners regardless of the form of meditation. I don't think people
are bored of the regular practice of meditation. I think everyone wants a more
 expanded version of the group experience. MMY tried to do it but he is so
exclusive to not only others joining his TM or TM Sidhi's group and has even
made it difficult for those who are TM-Sidhi practitioners to join. For this
very reason he will not accomplish his goal of creating world peace. O-the
bitter taste of judgement.Stick it out with your meditation. Don't stop doing
it
everyday. When the violence calms down in the world then we can relax our
practice. Most people who do other forms of meditation never do it everyday or
with some consistency. They brush their teeth everyday, take a shower, feed
the  body, go to work, exercise but god forbid we meditate everyday. Now we
know
why  the world is so screwed up. Lsoma.

Bhairitu  said
In fact  in other systems it's no great crime if
you miss some  meditations.

Yes.  I wonder  if I would not be better served by going to a different
practice.  If for  no other reason than after 30 years of this maybe its time
explore some  other areas of the brain.  I have really enjoyed reading Sally
Kempton's  "Heart of Meditation" where she suggests "playing" with meditation,
trying  different approaches.  Not taking the darn thing so seriously.  Her
Guru, Swami Muktananda wrote a book on the importance of this  playfulness.

> I wonder if this  incessant need to eat, sleep
> and brush my teeth is  healthy?

Eating sleeping and brushing are not a great  metaphor for meditation.
Eating and sleeping are physiological  necessities.  We stop - we die.  There
is no
choice involved  here.

Can we equate TM to toothbrushing?  Both have benefits to  their habitual
practice.  On the other hand those who don't brush their  teeth face terrible
dental problems eventually.  What lies in store for  the millions of people
with
out a meditation practice?  Is it as bad as  gingivitis?

Does anybody else here feel this strong need to meditate  after so many years
of habitual practice?  Its as if the neural networks  have been redesigned to
NEED meditation 2 x a day.  Is this  healthy?

[EMAIL PROTECTED]
For me, meditation does clear me out and center me. But its not  about me
after 30 years, its about the  collective.

I have  been reading a lot of Andrew Cohen lately who has been experimenting
with  expanding group consciousness through intersubjectivity.  It is a very
interesting approach.

Meditation is primarily narcissistic.  The  argument that somehow one has to
first meditate before they can come into the  world to help others is
questionable.  There are plenty of altruistic  people out there making a
positive mark
without CC or GC.  Atheists are  capable of doing good.

I am not sure of the relevence of your response  to my question about the
addictive nature of a 30 year  practice.

"curtisdeltablues" said,
But I  can also speak
for the rest of the world in wondering what's up with  the
"buttsplicer" email Stu?

I work as a film  editor.  It was the first name that stuck after trying a
dozen or so in  gmail.   I reserve the gmail account for the internet because
whenever it  gets published it invites too much spam.

s.