Windows Vista was built from the bottom up for DRM.  It is a very bad
mistake and will probably get a worse reputation than Windows ME.   It
doesn't even work the same way as previous versions of Windows.  What
the hell were they thinking?   People will return new computers in
droves.   When on idle my notebook which granted only has the minimal
512 MB which is required to run Vista has only 7 MB free!  I will be
replacing that memory chip with a 1 GB chip instead.   The machine slogs
around due to constantly needing to use virtual memory that it runs as
slow as a Linux Live CD will run (actually Linux Mint Bianca which is
based on Ubuntu but includes the multimedia support that Ubuntu does not
runs faster as a Live CD than Vista on the same notebook).   The funny
thing is this notebook, due to being dual core encodes HD files in Divx
faster than my desktop with XP Pro and a 3.4 ghz CPU!

Granted I've got a lot of data mining to do to get rid of so many things
to make the notebook run sane.  There is way too much hand-holding and I
often get to see a cryptic "insufficient quota" message on it when I try
to move large files across the network.  I have never seen that one
before on a Windows system.   Microsoft deserves to loose big time for
putting such a piece of crap on the market.

I work and continue to work in the entertainment industry.  I can vouch
for the fact that most all the record companies and film companies are
run by scum.   Executives of either never actually understand how the
technology they are delivering their goods with work.   All they care
about is making buttloads of money so they can by that new mansion in
Tahiti or Boeing private jet.  Compare that with the software industry
that when the web started to break out embraced it as a "new means of
distribution."

How many years has the DVD encryption system been broken and yet they
are still making buttloads of money on their movies many of which are
crap?   Why should they worry about HD-DVD copy protection being broken?

I have also published stuff that is copyrighted and have even had it
pirated.  But you'd think that most of the copies of stuff the
entertainment stuffed shirts are concerned about make up the majority of
the market instead a small insignificant number.

Then we have the government which sucking up to these industries passes
such draconian laws that if you made a copy of a TV show for a friend
while they were on vacation that they want to give you more prison time
than if you murdered somebody.  Totally absurd.  I guess they think they
need some more inmates for these privatized prisons they are building.

It's time for American Revolution II and I don't mean a Fox reality series.

<snip>