Helen Wambaugh did a lot of data gathering using a simple
recollection technique in large groups over a couple of years. She
obtained past-life recall memories for 30,000+ people. The
overwhelming response she catalogued does not fit our usual
prejudgments bases upon the self-deluded musings of the new-agers we
all have met.

Based upon her data, very few people experienced any historically
relevant lifetime and of those who did, they usually were only
accessories to people with power or influence. The mass totality were
typically simple folk - village dwellers or farmers of various kinds.

empty

--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "jim_flanegin" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]
wrote:

 In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, TurquoiseB <no_reply@ >wrote:
> > I'm always amused by the New Age tendency to claim
> > that they were *famous* people in the past.
> > Wasn't anyone ever the scullery maids and the cooks and
thejanitors?  :-)

snip

> Thanks for opening up an interesting topic. I share your skepticism
> and that of others that somehow we were all famous people in a past
life-there weren't that many of them for one thing, maybe 10,000 on
the outside, throughout history. Also, many people in the past either
thought they would be famous and now are not, or vice versa.

snip

> And I am positive I was mostly one of the unwashed and forgotten
masses doing menial work during the majority of my near countless
past lives. :-)