--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "Ron" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hello t3rinity,
>
> Can you post that Judy post you are talking about here in this thread?
> I think this is called a thread - right?
>
> I am following emails from 15 yahoo groups, so I am only reading the
> mails in this thread and really busy. Swami G is not in FFL at all.
>
> Tanmay

Okay, its this, but I think it was covered in some of your forwarded
posts, even though it wasn't all to clear which comments were whos:

> The contact i had to the Avahan Akhada,where also giving mantra diksha
> to ordinary western women who didn't even ask for it. my friend, an
> israeli woman said she received quite a long mantra, unasked, by a
> mahant of the Avahan Akhada, after she spend coniderable time in his
> vicinty. They are really trying o initiate people into their fold,
> that is making you a sannyasi. In Ujjain there where at least 200
> western sadhus alne with the Juna Akhada. But my point is this: Okay,
> I admit that there are certain initiations that are kept secret, which
> in a sannyasi tradition you will get only after you are fully
> intitiated, that is, you are a sadhu. But for me a great master can
> shape the subtle body of a disciple by mere proximity. I have
> experienced this myself. If a master is great, he can simply give a
> transmission without words, if he feels a student is deserving. He
> wouldn't break a vow in this. While there are words only to be used
> for certain iniiates, this doesn't mean that the essence of that
> wisdom of a master couldn't be transmitted through other means,
> especially if this student has shown great dedication. Just imagine
> poor student Mahesh running around in the Ashram for GD, basically
> doing everything, organizing the procession for him at the Kumbh and
> all other places, but when it comes to the high teaching, Guru Dev
> would have to say - according to Swami Ganga: Sorry not for you, you
> are a mere Brahmachari, and you will always be in this order. Of
> course if MMY would have been intent of becoming a Swami, he could
> have simply done the next best thing and leave GD, run off at the
> kumbh or in Haridwar to any other sadhu and ask for initiation and
> there wouldn't have been a problem, just like Swami G. did, or btw.
> any one of us could do with success if you are o willing. But he
> didn't do it because GD was his master, and he was completely
> dedicated to him, served him for 13 years etc. So you think GD just
> dumped him, saying: you are not a Brahmin, you are only a Brahmachari?
> I find this logic ridiculous and even arrogant.

I also just clarified to BOO about the 'dumped' - I am german. we use
phrases in a different way, but I think one can get it from the
context. Basically there is not much to clarify here anymore, if you
ask me. There are certain traditinal restrictions, and if you go by
them, Swami G is right, MMY cannot be a Guru in this tradition, as it
is a Sadhu tradition. If this is now the end of the story or not is a
matter of belief. Traditions have always developed and changed. Again,
MMY doesn't claim to be a guru. He says he gives the blessing of his
Guru, and what he calls the 'vedic tradition', which again is a word
that can mean many things. He is not claiming to be a Swami, not ever
dressing in orange, he is acknowledging others to be the
Shankaracharyas of his tradition, and they, some of them at least,
acknowledge him, some others don't. The rest is personal evaluation. I
personaly feel that I got good things from him in the past, and for
that I am grateful. I feel that this was an enrichment of my life and
development, but I moved to another place now, to another teacher that
has nothing to do with traditionalsm at all.  I also believe very much
in the one to one thing - but then I can easily see the value of a
technique that brings thousands into a habit of regular meditation and
on the spiritual path, I think its a great thing. There maybe many
aspects of the movement I don't agree with and for Gods sake, I am not
part of it anymore, so I really don't care, but I don't see what was
BASICALLY wrong with it.