> > <jflanegi@>

> > analogous
> > OK
> > followed in
> > photographer,
> > ever
> > choice,

> > the

> > this
> > nonsensical. I
In a
> > or
> > and

> > haven't?:-)
> > >
> > > Are you serious? 99.999999% of the world's population has
never
> > heard of either Guru Dev
> > > or MMY. The majority of the world's population who are
religious
> > follow traditions other
> > > than Hinduism. And the vast majority of Hindus have nothing to
do
> > with MMY.
> > >
> > > You've heard of the civil war going on on the Iraq, right?
You've
> > heard of the other wars
> > > going on in the middle east, right? Genocides....many, in fact
> > most conducted in the name
> > > of religion. Famine.
> > >
> > > What's YOUR proof? Pundits living behind barbed wire in FF?
I'd
> > really like to know.
> > >
> > > Look, if believing in the fairy tale that MMY has "revitalized
the
> > spiritual momentum of the
> > > world" brings you pleasure in thinking that you rode the right
> > horse in this life, instead of
> > > some other spiritual leader, good on you. There's nothing
finer
> > than the security and warm
> > > blanketness of being in the know, of being in on cosmic
secret.

> > You too with the self aggrandizement argument? What is it with
this?
> > Is that why you were interested in TM and Maharishi at one
time?? I
> > don't get that connection. I've always derived a great deal from
> > Maharishi and Guru Dev's teaching and the practice of TM, vs.
going
> > about smugly as a member of some sort of little club. My beliefs
are
> > purely derived from my experience, and not the other way around.
My
> > attitude has always been one of surrender vs. arrogance and
> > condescension, though I might have been in the minority. Don't
know,
> > don't care.
> >
> > As to the world being unaware of Maharishi and Guru Dev's
> > contribution, couldn't that be similar to Copernicus's assertion
in
> > the 15th century that the earth revolves around the sun vs the
other
> > way around? One of the few with such a belief at that time, but
> > ultimately found to be right? Just asking the question.
> >
> > > But from outside this little cocoon, MMY is a big man in a
tiny
> > and ever shrinking pond.
> > >
> > Yes on the surface it would appear so. Just as on the surface
the
> > sun definitely and unmistakably revolves around the earth.:-)
>
> "vs. going about smugly as a member of some little club." I see.
So you believe that, like
> Copernicus, MMY alone has the keys to the castle, that he is way
ahead of the spiritual
> truth curve and humanity just has to catch up. You sure you aren't
going about smugly as
> a member of some little club?
>
> Like I said Jim, if this gives you personal satisfaction then
enjoy your choseness. But when
> you make grand pronouncements about MMY and GD being the spiritual
saviors of
> mankind I'm going to speak up. I've been deep in there and I ain't
buying it.

Just to clarify what I actually said (and away from all the stories
about what I said), not "way ahead of the spiritual truth curve"
or "the spiritual saviors of mankind" but c-a-t-a-l-y-s-t-s. If you
want to disagree, as I've said before- no problem. And while I am at
it, what IS the proof that the earth revolves around the sun, and
not the other way around? Lots of scientific sounding proclamations,
and "because everyone knows that", but no actual easily verified
proof. :-)