A couple of YS's are "interesting" from a linguistic
POV. Some of those are, IMO, II 47

 sthira-sukham aasanam.

and II 48

 prayatna-shaithilyaananta-samaapattibhyaam.

47 is usually translated to something like

 Posture (should be) steady and comfortable (Taimni).

The original suutra, "of course", doesn't contain anything
to suggest "should be". Word-for-word it's simply

 steady-comfortable posture (or stuff).

48 seems somewhat elliptic, even for a suutra. Seems
rather rare, that a suutra consist merely of the, we
guess, ablative dual form of a dvandva compound, whose
 components in turn seem to consist of tat-puruSa
compounds (prayatna-shaithilya, ananta-samaapatti) -
especially when a connector(?), usually 'ca' or 'vaa'
is "lacking".

Why are we *guessing*, that the inflectional
case is *ablative* dual? Well, in Sanskrit dual inflection
instrumental, dative and ablative cases are identical
in form, ending with -bhyaam. So, it depends on the
context which one of those cases is in question (...aaarrgghh).

What gives? Well, if we combine those two suutras,
the result is a "typical" suutra where the cause, or
whatever, of the topic is given in the ablative case.
Voilaarilaarilaa!

Thus, it would seem that for some reason PataƱjali
has "divided" a suutra that would make rather perfect
sense without being divided:

sthira-sukham aasanaM prayatna-shaithilyaananta-samaapattibhyaam,

which might be translated for instance to:

Posture (becomes) steady and comfortable by relaxation of
effort and meditation on the Endless (applying Taimni's translation
for 'ananta-samaapatti'). -- But of course we might be all wrong
with that...

(Now it's time to go see, whether Benefon Inc has finally
gone bankrupt...)