Marek writes snipped:
Also, I agree with you that when there is any experience of
awakening, no matter how transitory, the hook would seem to have been
set and the search for its permanency might begin in earnest.  At
least that's been many folks' experience, though Curtis at this point
in time, seems to have come to a different conclusion regardless of
how much he has enjoyed (or enjoys) what many would designate
as 'spiritual' experiences or transient awakening.

Tom T:
To paraphrase Jean Klein from "I AM". The awakening was (past tense)
instantaneous, clarity takes place in space time. What made us seekers
was that glimpse. 30+ years later clarity is dawning or has arrived. TomT