--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "emptybill" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Empty, I have been catching up on your posts. I like them.

This topic is intersting. Some cosideration:

1) Yogananda wrote of his teacher returning to earth plane, from his
new role as teacher on causal planes helping other to gain liberation
from casual rebirth.

2) liberation from the cycle of birth and death, and not going
anywhere -- that is, being omnipresent -- could be on level of (near
around) akasha -- and still subject to rebirth in astral and casual
planes (which is another part of yoganandas story)

3) Some traditions -- including now TM, hold there are a number of
states beyond BC (= Brahma-vid in your cosmo9logy?). This would imply
a brahma vid could go on to some omni-present subtle body somewhere
and continue to "work it out".

4) Indra and other gods are said to be titles, and various entities
attain that title for some time, then relinquish it. And I know the
dogma that even the gods are not fully realized, yada yada. But if
Saraswati is a title, and some entity is currently holding that title,
its seems odd that that entity would be less evolved than Brama-vids,
and a whole order of swamis, who are devoted to and worship the Goddess.

5) While liberation from earthly, astral and casual bodies / planes is
a function of getting beyond the BINDING influence of ones vast
karma,it does not eliminate that karma. A brahma-vid still has tons of
karma, its just that that karma  does not necessitate rebirth on
corresponding planes. But where does that karma go. It doesn't
dissappear. There is no loss or creation of energy in the cosmos --
all is just transformed from one thing to another.

And I can't deliver the "punchline" to this argument -- because it
doesn't add up -- that is, I am not sure what appropriate conclusion
follows. Other than the compelling point that it doesn't all add up.
That karma goes some where, effects something. Could there still be an
"entity" -- as omni-present and unstructured as can be --  associated
with, but not bound by that karma? Like a jivan mukti letting the
"last push of the cart" unfold?