> The other day glancing though the usual posts on this list
> I noted someone saying that MMY was crazy and the debate
> aside whether he is enlightened was thinking about whether
> a crazy person could be enlightened?  I vote yes because
> craziness is a relative state of mind and even though many
> here have been "programmed" to believe that in enlightenment
> the external behavior would appear super sane I don't
> believe that is necessarily the case at all.

Rack up another vote for crazy + enlightened here.
Having spent some time with the Rama guy and
around a couple of Crazy Wisdom teachers, I don't
see any incompatibility between being enlightened
and being clinically crazy as a loon. IMO the two
things are as compatible as being a redhead and
being enlightened would be -- the one doesn't have
anything to do with the other.