> You must have missed the previous conversations on how
> "effortlessness" is defined in the Patanjali system. If there is
> support (Skt.: Alambana), there is effort.

MMY does not claim that TM does not take effort per-se, he calls it an
'effortless effort', yes effort is required! Additionally we
innocently 'favor' the mantra!!  Not just passive monotony. This is
MMY's interpretation of Dharana/concentration.

snip
> If the prerequisites of samadhi are not met, even if you round a
> thousand years, you will never attain samadhi.

They go hand in hand, I agree with you, meditation *helps* you to master
the Yama and Niyama's. You can't be a Saint and a Sinner at the same time!

As MMY says in the Gita, "With the continuous practice of all these
limbs, or means, simultaneously, the state of Yoga grows
*simultaneously* in all eight spheres of life, eventually to become
permanent."  page 363.