In a message dated 8/18/07 10:19:06 A.M. Central Daylight Time,
[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

In [EMAIL PROTECTED] (mailto:FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com) ,
"John" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> It appears that the TMO needs  to restructure the
> organization to finance its meditation  centers.

There was never a problem in the seventies. TM  teachers
taught TM at a price accepted by the market. This is not
rocket science. It has worked in the past, and would  work
again.
Uns.

It has always been over priced. When you think back on the prices then and
what the average income was at the time, it was about a weeks wages. The
average  person has to think about emergencies or better uses for a week's
wages.
It's a  real leap of faith to take that much money, for the average person, and
satisfy  his/her curiosity about something so abstract as a field of Being or
Pure  consciousness. I've always thought if the TMO is going to charge
anything, it should at least make it so people living on an average income
could
whip out a check book on the spot, without much thought, and do  it. Then, if
they must, they could charge a bit more for advanced  techniques once a person
has had a taste of the  absolute.