--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Duveyoung <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> When I taught 3% of the population of Napa, CA, crime didn't
lessen.
> And Napa, CA is a peaceful, laid back, isolated from the world,
valley community.  Still, it did have a crime rate.  The ME should
have "had it easy" to show some strong affects there.

Okay, funny story time.  When I was in Wash, State for the Ideal
Society Campaign (I think that was the name of it), we met with a
reporter in our town and made the usual predictions. 1% will bring
about reduction in a b & c.  The reporter said, "What about the VD
rate?  We've been seeing a big increase in the VD rate"  I said, "No
problem", this will go done as well."

Well, we did get 1%, and sure enough the VD rate showed a
significant decline.  I believe crime did as well, but the headline
in the paper trumpeted the "VD Rate Down"  We had been hoping for a
crime reduction headline.  Those were good times.  We had a good
group and some good nature support.  Anybody know what happened to
Ed Monk?  He was a late addition to our group.  The guy took
constant notes.  Whoever we met with or whatever we did, he always
had his little spiral note book taking notes.

lurk