On Aug 27, 2007, at 11:38 AM, Duveyoung wrote:

I'm wondering what value Charlie Lutes tapes have for most of us here.

I think just about everyone has posted something negative about his
prognostications -- my contribution was that I personally heard him
predict that in a couple years (1974 at the time) there would be a
"finding of the space ship Jesus used to come to earth parked inside
the pyramid." When I personally asked him about this prediction a
decade later, he denied ever saying it.

The value of both the CL and the MMY tapes is the interesting insight gained from the perspective of time which has passed.

For me, both sound like hucksters fudgin' their way thru a script they barely knew--as in the 'Mahesh teaches about the chakras' lecture. 30 years ago I would've been rapt with delight at every word. Now it just sounds like schlock to me.

I did have the strange idea of redoing my driveway in concrete after listening to ole Charlie though.