Vaj wrote:

> [...]
No. :)  Unfortunately I don't have one of those California Hall
posters.  That concert didn't go so well as there was not good
attendance and was the only time we played in California.   However the
following Monday I visited the Columbia Records offices in San Francisco
where we were offered a good contract if we could get out the contract
with the jerk who screwed a lot of northwest bands including the
Kingsmen who recorded "Louie, Louie."  I also did a radio interview with
Tom Donahue on KMPX (I think those were the call letters) that night.

We did a lot of concerts with the Youngbloods.   At the Yardbirds
concert in Richmond, BC the backdrop caught fire while the Family Tree
was playing. Fortunately they got it under control.   I don't actually
see the Magic Fern on the 1979 poster and I was still living in Seattle
at the time, actively playing music so I would have probably been
contacted for a band reunion.

Earlier in the summer we played a Trips Festival at the Seattle Center
and only found out a few years ago that offstage incognito Mick Jagger
was watching.   At another festival later that summer at the Montlake
Aquatheater we were introduced by Sonny and Cher who emceed the show.

Also we rented an old mansion on Queen Anne Hill as the band house and
many folks including the Grateful Dead came to visit.  If you've seen
the Elvis Seattle World's Fair movie the scene of the fairgrounds and
Space Needle was taken from the balcony of the house.  We got the
mansion because the owner wanted to tear it down and put a condo there.
He figured letting a rock group rent it would get the neighbors up in
arms and he could get his condo.  He did.  :)