The basis of civility is to allow the perceived other the same thing
that every one seems to want. Allow other the same freedom you demand
for yourself without insisting you are absolutely perfectly right and
have the perfect Truth. You are free to say what you will. I am free
to respond and state my POV or my take. It only gets nasty here when
ownership of what is RIGHT comes into the view. So What!. They are
free to say what they will and I am free to ignore them. I download
all of the postings via email and then immediately sort them by
poster. Like Barry and others my read time is down to about 10 to 20%
of the traffic. Some have nothing to say that interest me so why
bother. If a miracle happens then someone else will surely pick up on
it and I will read it in another posters reply. Works for me. Civility
comes out of mutual respect and a desire to form a community. Lacking
those two essential elements civil speech and behavior are not going
to happen and can not be legislated. If there are some posters here
who are not interested in mutual respect and a desire to form
community it might be a suggestion to move on. We can determine who is
willing and who is not. The group Conscience will know and the group
will figure out how to handle it.
Tom