From: FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
On Behalf Of Bronte Baxter
Sent: Sunday, September 09, 2007 1:39 PM
To: FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com
Subject: RE: [FairfieldLife] Re: New Policy and updated guidelines

Rick wrote:

These are all good points Judy and I agree with them. As you know, I have
been very reluctant to institute such a policy, for many of the reasons you
mention. I consider it to be an experiment, and I’ll drop it if it doesn’t
work. At t this point, my idea of personal attacks and insults are the more
blatant, abrasive ones. I have no problem with “you need a checking.” I do
have a problem with calling someone a f*ckhead or threatening them with
physical violence. Let’s see how it goes.  HYPERLINK
"http://geo.yahoo.com/serv?s=97359714/grpId=3920196/grpspId=1705077076/msgId
=148594/stime=1189357692/nc1=3848642/nc2=4617366/nc3=4776369"

I agree with Edg on this one. Rick, if you start to discriminate between
"blatant, abrasive personal attacks" and milder personal insults, you really
do step into the role of a judge. People are likely to get upset with you,
comparing their remark, which you ruled against, to someone else's remark,
which they feel was worse but which you allowed. Perhaps for this to work it
has to be entirely clear-cut: personal derogatory remarks of any kind not
being acceptable.

Sometimes it’s hard for me to tell what’s derogatory. When I first
introduced this topic, Bob Brigante said, “Piss off, you idiot” and I took
that as humor. Edg has a problem with Nabby’s “You need a checking.” The
obvious implication is “you’re meditating incorrectly and if you were really
doing TM properly then you would be thinking clearly, like me.” Is that a
personal derogatory remark or just a reflection of Nabby’s world view, which
doesn’t trouble me in the least?

Checked by AVG Free Edition.
1:24 PM