> <snip>
> >
> > Anyway, if you care about not going over the limit,
> > a good text editor is a great way to achieve this.
>
> But as I said to start with, if you're not *obsessive*
> about going over the limit by a few posts, Yahoo's
> Search is likely to be as close as a hand-tally.

care
Pronunciation: 'ker
Function: noun
Etymology: Middle English, from Old English caru; akin
to Old High German kara lament, Old Irish gairm call,
cry, Latin garrire to chatter
1 : suffering of mind : GRIEF
2 a : a disquieted state of mixed uncertainty, apprehension,
and responsibility b : a cause for such anxiety
3 : painstaking or watchful attention
4 : regard coming from desire or esteem

I think that you're relating to definitions 1 and 2.
Zennists and nerds might relate to definition 3. I
relate to definition 4. What you call obsession I
call etiquette.