Interesting coincidence below:

**

**snip**

> I love crows.
>
> A friend of mine turned me on to an old text from Tibet, which he
had
> published privately, written in an archaic Sanskrit in the 9th
> century and called the "Kakajarita". (more properly kAka-
cAritra, "On
> the behavior of crows").
>
> "Kaka", much like that familiar sound "Caw! Caw!" is the Sanskrit
> work for "crow".
>
> The text was translated by a pandit named Danacila into the
Tibetan
> language as Bya-rog-gi skad brtag-par bya-ba, or "Investigating
the
> Cries of Crows." It eventually found it's way into the Buddhist
> Canon, the Tanjur, and thus became a commonly used text there.
TMers
> can relate to it as what the presence of crows indicates from the
POV
> [...]
patterns,
> therefore by noting the character of the response one may learn
the
> character of the event.
>
> 3. Crow behavior and response differs according to time of day.
>
> 4. The angle of direction between the observer and the crow has
> significance.
>
> The general predictions governing crow calls are given as follows,
> categorized by the time of day and the direction in which the call
is
> observed.
> First Watch
>
> 6:00 am - 9:00 am
>
> East: Wishes will be fulfilled
> Southeast: An enemy will approach
> South: A friend will visit
> Southwest: Unexpected profit will accrue
> West: Great wind will rise
> Northwest: A stranger will appear
> North: Scattered property will be found
> Northeast: A woman will come
> Zenith: A demon will appear
>

> Second Watch
>
> 9:00 am - 12:00 pm
>
> East Near relatives will come
> South Flowers and areca-nuts obtained
> Southwest Numerous offspring
> West You will set out on a distant journey
> Northwest One king replaced by another
> North Good news will be received
> Northeast Disorder breaks out
> Zenith Fulfillment of your wishes
>

> Third Watch
>
> 12:00 pm - 3:00 pm
>
> East: You will obtain property
> Southeast: A battle will arise
> South: A storm will come
> Southwest: An enemy will come
> West: A woman will come
> Northwest: A relative will come
> North: A good friend will come
> Northeast: A conflagration breaks out
> Zenith: You will gain profit by being taken care of by the king
>

> Fourth Watch
>
> 3:00 pm - 6:00 pm
>
> East: Great fear predicted
> Southeast: Great gain coming
> South: A stranger will come
> Southwest: A storm will rise in seven days
> West: Rain and wind will come
> Northwest: Scattered property found
> North: A king will appear
> Northeast: You will obtain rank
> Zenith: Hunger predicted
>

> Sunset
>
> East An enemy appears on the road
> Southeast A treasure will come to you
> South You will die of disease
> Southwest The wishes of one's heart fulfilled
> West Relatives will come
> Northwest Obtaining property predicted
> North Homage will be done to the king
> Zenith You will obtain advantage you hoped for
>

> General Observations
>
> Crow on right: good journey
> Crow behind: you obtain siddhi
> A crow flapping his wings, calls: great accident
> Crow pulls human hair: death
> Crow eats dirty food: food and drink about to come
> Crow on thornbush: enemy
> Crow on milksap tree: milkrice to you
> Crow on withered tree: no food and drink

**end**

In the waning days of the Merv wave I was teaching TM outside of
Philadelphia (Chestnut Hill/Erdenheim) and a young man, Carlos,
already a meditator, contacted me and asked me to initiate his dying,
elderly mother who was bedridden in her home somewhere in North
Philly.

I gave her the first two lectures in one and arranged to come and do
the initiation in her bedroom where she was confined.  When I came
back the next day after initiation for the first day of checking she
told me that she had heard a crow call to her outside her bedroom
window (south, if I recollect correctly) during her first meditation
alone and she knew that she was to die soon, but it didn't bother her
at all.  She did, however, sincerely believe that the crow was a
messenger to her of her impending death.

Nothing more than that, but the situation and the circumstances --
myself as a very young (and earnest) man spending hours alone with an
old, dying woman in the small, dim bedroom where she lay preparing
for death, all the while speaking to her about meditation and
enlightenment, and her sudden interjection of the message she
received from the call of the crow -- stuck with me.  The Tibetan
auguries from the calls of the crows reminded me of that again.

Thanks for that.

Marek