For the first time, last weekend I went to a Jesuit-run Catholic retreat at a
Jesuit retreat
house. It was in a beautiful pastoral setting and the weather was gorgeous,
too.  It was
attended by about 45 other men, most of whom have attended annual weekend
retreats there
for many of the 50 years the facility has existed.  Silence was the feature of
the retreat,
including mealtime, but there were occasions of group discussion.

 The key realization of the retreat for me was how my TM practice over the past
33 years
cultured an appropriate condition that prepares one for emergence of a personal
relationship
with ...... you know who, and also his Son.  I am delighted at the emerging,
personal
relationship.  For the first time, I have  personal dialogue during prayer. I
consider this to be
very significant, and am thankful for the guidance of the Jesuit's, and the