The important thing in the Olympic Games is not winning
but taking part.  The essential thing in life is not
conquering but fighting well.

          Baron de Coubertin
              The Olympic Creed

Man has been endowed with reason, with the power to
create, so that he can add to what he's been given.

           Anton Chekhov (1860-1904)
                  Russian dramatist and writer

"I'm very pleased with each advancing year. It stems back
to when I was forty. I was a bit upset about reaching that
milestone, but an older friend consoled me. 'Don't complain
about growing old - many, many people do not have that
privilege.'"

       Earl Warren

"How we remember, what we remember and why we
remember form the most personal map of our individuality."

            Christina Baldwin