I heard that story at the beginning of the movie "the Nightingale".

Dee

________________________________

From: famous-quotes-@yahoogroups.com
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Lydia
Sent: Thursday, August 14, 2008 4:25 PM
To: famous-quotes-@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Famous Quotes - (unknown)

I am looking for a quote that I don't have a source for, so hope you
guys can help me. I originally pulled it out of my brother's highschool
yearbook. Which of course, he has and he doesn't live anywhere near me.
*laugh* Here is as much as I can remember of the quote:

There is a legend about a bird which sings just once in it's life more
sweetly than any other creature on the face of the earth. From the
moment it leaves the nest, it searches for a thorn tree and does not
rest until it finds one. Then swinging in among the savage branches, it
impales itself on the longest, sharpest spine. And rising above it's own
agony, lifts it's voice to out carol both the lark and the nightingale.
One superlative song, existence the price. But the whole world stills to
listen, and God in Heaven smiles. For the best is only bought at the
cost of great pain.

Thanks,

Lydia

Assume anyone you meet is decent, thoughtful, and worthy of your time.
You'll be right about most people, and the rest deserve a chance to rise
to your expectations.