Hello everyone :)

Would someone be up for helping me implement an LUFS loudness analyser
in faust?

Or has someone done it already?

LUFS (aka LKFS) is becoming more and more the standard for loudness
measurement in the audio industry. Youtube, Spotify and broadcast
stations use the concept to normalize loudness. A very positive side
effect is, that loudness-wars are basically over.

I looked into it, but my programming skills clearly don't match
the level for implementing this.

Here is some resource about the topic:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LKFS

Specifications (in Annex 1):
https://www.itu.int/dms_pubrec/itu-r/rec/bs/R-REC-BS.1770-3-201208-S!!PDF-E.pdf

An implementation by 'klangfreund' in JUCE / C:
https://github.com/klangfreund/LUFSMeter

There is also a free LUFS Meter in JS / Reaper by Geraint Luff.
(The code can be seen in reaper, but I don't know if I should paste it
here.)

Please let me know if you are up for it!

Take care,
Klaus