Hi Klaus,

Yes, I agree the filters are close enough.  I bet that the shelf is exactly
correct if we determined the exact transition frequency, and that the
Butterworth highpass is close enough to the Bessel-or-whatever that is
inexplicably not specified as a filter type, leaving it sample-rate
dependent.  I would bet large odds that the differences cannot be reliably
detected in listening tests.

Yes, I just looked again, and there are "gating blocks" defined, each Tg =
0.4 sec long, so that only ungated blocks are averaged to form a longer
term level-estimate.  What I wrote gives a "sliding gating block", which
can be lowpass filtered further, and/or gated, etc.   Instead of a gate, I
would simply replace 0 by ma.EPSILON so that the log always works (good for
avoiding denormals as well).

I believe stereo is supposed to be handled like this:

Lk2 = _,0,_,0,0 : Lk5;
process(x,y) = Lk2(x,y);

or

Lk2 = Lk(0),Lk(2) :> 10 * log10 : -(0.691);

but since the center channel is processed identically to left and right,
your solution also works.

Bypassing is normal Faust, e.g.,

process(x,y) = x,y <: (_,_), attach(x, (Lk2 : vbargraph("LUFS",-90,0))) :
_,_,!;

Cheers,
Julius

--
"Anybody who knows all about nothing knows everything" -- Leonard Susskind