Hi All,

If the Slack discussion has begun, I could not find it - please let me know
if I need to keep looking for it

Normally this sort of problem is solved by the JUCE Module system, which as
far as I can tell does require separate .h and .cpp files.
The .cpp files get fused into a nice library for linking, and the JUCE
module interfaces are all declared in a single #include
"../JuceLibraryCode/JuceHeader.h" line which in turn includes the .h files
for the modules selected for the project.  I've not tried to combine Faust
modules into JUCE modules yet, but surely that will happen eventually.

If this is discussed further on Slack, someone please tell me!

Thanks,
Julius

On Mon, Oct 11, 2021 at 9:46 PM Stéphane Letz <l...@grame.fr> wrote:

> Can we possibly continue the discussion on Faust Slack :
> https://join.slack.com/t/faustaudio/shared_invite/zt-a624szlz-fL4v2DTR~ZGlI7wARryT7g
> ?
>
> Thanks.
>
> Stéphane
>
> > Le 11 oct. 2021 à 23:07, Steven Kraninger <skranin...@gmail.com> a
> écrit :
> >
> > Stéphane,
> >
> > The problem I have not yet solved is more complicated than I can put in
> an email but essentially:
> >
> > I have some "preset manager" type source files that I am trying to adapt
> based upon the Plugin Magic GUI code that is currently (mostly) working
> with the current faust2juce.
> >
> > The preset manager consists of 4 files, PresetComp.cpp, PresetComp.h,
> PresetManager.cpp, PresetManager.h.  both the PresetManager and the
> PresetComp classes need access to the AudioProcessor object (with
> associated AudioParameters), and currently do so by including a
> "AudioProcessor.h" file. I began to go about separating out a .h file for
> the AudioProcessor, but it proved to be difficult as there is quite a bit
> of object inter-connection.
> >
> > The current faust compiler and architecture files are brilliant, but it
> would be easier (for me) to understand and modify if there was more
> "directory/application structure" to the resulting output.
> >
> > Thanks
> > Steven Kraninger
> >
> > On Mon, Oct 11, 2021 at 3:52 PM Stéphane Letz <l...@grame.fr> wrote:
> > What is the concrete problem you are facing ?
> >
> > Thanks.
> >
> > Stéphane
> >
> > > Le 11 oct. 2021 à 21:59, Scott Tooby <scott.to...@gmail.com> a écrit :
> > >
> > > Yes, +1. I'm interested in this too to make it easier to integrate
> FAUST generated C++ code into JUCE or other C++ codebases. Similarly, I've
> noticed only a single .cpp file is generated when exporting FAUST code to
> pure C++ source code (not the JUCE option), so in this case too it would be
> handy if a separate .h file was exported alongside the .cpp file. But if
> there is already a way to do this via the export process I'd appreciate
> being pointed in the right direction.
> > >
> > > Thank you,
> > > Scott Tooby
> > >
> > > On Mon, Oct 11, 2021 at 12:38 PM Steven Kraninger <
> skranin...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > > All,
> > >
> > > The current faust2juce script generates a single
> FaustPluginProcessor.cpp file.  I would like to have separate .h and .cpp
> files rather than copying them all inline into one .cpp file. I feel this
> would make it a bit easier to modify the program and add new features after
> generating it (in particular for the saving of plugin presets and
> modification of the UI).
> > > Is there any way to do this?
> > >
> > > Thanks
> > > Steven Kraninger

"Anybody who knows all about nothing knows everything" -- Leonard Susskind