On 29 Aug 2006, at 16:42, David Berry wrote:

Maybe you'll like this one?

http://www.piracydocumentary.com/

aah, this I have seen, and wasn't very impressed:
<snip>
I actually think that (so far) the film itself is pretty awful - it's just a string of interviews with very little connecting them. the director doesn't in anyway allow the film to respond to his interviewees comments and create any real debate, and doesn't seem to be interested in any sort of narrative - it really is just a series of talking heads of people talking about piracy. That said, the interviews do have a lot of useful and interesting information (assuming you have enough background knowledge to understand who these people are and terminology they use - again, the film doesn't really put any of the interviews in a ny sort of context.)

The Michael Geist interview is very obviously edited down to the level of individal words at one point - which is very poor form, despite the fact (As i am familiar with his position on the subject) that the resulting sentance probably wasn't too far off from what he actually said, it still made me suspicious.
</snip>

Also, it has really really awful library music (what sounds like 30 seconds looped over and over again) running ALL THE WAY THROUGH, which makes it literally painful to watch all the way through in one sitting.

In fact, I have yet to see a decent documentary on these issues - and am wondering if FC-UK perhaps could do better. If anyone wants to help make one, give me a shout!

cheers,

Tim