David Berry <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> On 31 Aug 2006, at 00:47, Tom Chance wrote:
> > MJ Ray's call for it to close or go elsewhere
> > is entirely reasonable.
>
> And undemocratic. [...]

Yes, this would truly be on-topic in news:alt.*.tactical... As you may
recall, democracy is rule by the people.  It is entirely democratic for
me to *call* for everyone to take this flamewar elsewhere.  It would not
be democratic for me to *enforce* that, but I'm not going to do so.

Yes, everyone could use the delete key or just killfile David Berry and
Tom Chance, but it would be less total work if off-topic posts and
badly-written flames did not come to the list.  I feel that continuing
the conflict here in the same style despite being asked not to - and
suggesting everyone else should do more work instead - is a good
demonstration of a lack of respect for other people.

If the style of discussion seen under this Subject is indeed OK by other
subscribers, I'll shut up and switch to nomail, reading bits through the
archives occasionally. Responsiveness will deteriorate accordingly until
an Network News Transport Protocol or RDF Site Summary feed of posts is
available.

Thanks,
--
MJ Ray - see http://mjr.towers.org.uk/email.html