Hello Alain!

Which and where is the latest version of replase? At ibiblio there are
two diferently named replace02.zip and replace2.zip with tha same time stamp
I just found a newer one version "32" in my disk.
Well, at www.ibiblio.org/pub/micro/pc-stuff/freedos/files/dos/replace/ I found 3 different versions: replace2.zip and replace02.zip (14-May-2000), which seem to be the same, written by Joe and replace10.zip (17-Mar-2001) and replace12.zip (25-Mar-2001) written by me. (Since I rewrote REPLACE from scratch, I started the version number by 1 again.) FreeDOS base list states that REPLACE 1.2 is the latest official version and should also be in the latest distribution.
I hope that helps. :-)

By the way: The FreeDOS base list states that XCOPY 2.0 from Joe is still the latest and official version which may have led to the version confusion Eric had a short time ago. Could you please update the list Jim?

None is has copyright messages or version identification...
Sigh, you are right. The next thing on my TODO list.

replace2.zip has a licence from Joseph Cosentino  three times
longer than GNUGPL and which after carefull reading I am not
sure that I can use :(
My REPLACE 1.0+ is licensed with the GNU GPL.

Ciao, René