New themes, that are relatively radically different, I tend to think ARE Fedora's recognizable look. Something new and well done to greet you with each release. No you can't satisfy everyone, but that should be expected. Just look at modern art for an example of that.

Daniel Geiger wrote:
I believe it would be beneficial to Fedora to stabilize the artwork in successive releases. IMO, radically changing the artwork each release detracts from giving Fedora a recognizable look and feel. I am for refining and improving the artwork, though--maybe in the degree to which Ubuntu refines their backgrounds. As someone else said, I also believe that the artwork of F8 is a good release to build upon for refinements. A question of clarification: what exactly is meant here by "theme" -- GTK+/Metacity, icons, artwork, or something else?

~Daniel
*//*

~Michael
http://ridleytx.structed.net (for now)