On 03/28/2007 02:03 PM, Dan Williams wrote:
On Wed, 2007-03-28 at 08:58 +0200, Oliver Falk wrote:
On 03/28/2007 06:22 AM, Dan Williams wrote:
On Tue, 2007-03-27 at 19:56 -0700, John Villalovos wrote:
I have a question about Plague.  Does Plague have the capability to
handle dependencies where if you build one RPM that other RPMS depend
on for their BuildRequires that you can then build all those RPMS and
any other RPMS which maybe affected by building them?
ie, like debian's build system?

No, plague doesn't do that.  It was a planned option but Koji is taking
over for plague and I'm not sure if that's planned for Koji.
AFAIK, it's planned for koji. And don't blame me, but OpenSuSE's build system has this capability :-)

Yeah; it's nice to have.  It's also a headache in some situations so it
needs to be selectable.

I think, the bsys should raise up a list of deps that might need a rebuild; A webpage with checkboxes and a go button. :-) Eventuall a notification to the maintainer if build fails, and/or a bug#, whatever. But if you want autorebuilds in such a way, the system needs to know how to increase the release number and add a cl entry to the spec; Needs cvs commit rights and so on... Maybe nothing anyone wants to be automated... However, I'm not goin' to code this :-P

-of