Jesse Keating wrote:
On Mon, 2008-04-21 at 10:54 +0200, Jeroen van Meeuwen wrote:
Because pungi doesn't pull in *any* "required" packages, I was reluctant to submit this patch... It seems that once you go down this road you will want to catch *all* required packages, like we do in Revisor (and creates a very, very long list[1]).

Yep.  I'll be fixing this proper after F9 goes out by removing the
dependency of having these compose needs in the manifest.  It'll allow
fully graphical installers for tiny package sets too.

I might be looking at doing the same -given that I may misunderstand what you're going to do. Does look similar to:

1. Pull in the requested packages (depsolve, etc) to become the final payload,

2. Create another repo with the required packages and pull in the required packages as well as their dependencies, build the installer images with the joined repo configuration,

3. Delete all overhead

Or were you thinking something else?

Kind regards,

Jeroen van Meeuwen