On Sat, May 23, 2020 18:38:58 +0200, Alessio wrote:
> On Sat, 2020-05-23 at 10:50 -0400, Justin W. Flory (he/him) wrote:
> > On 5/23/20 3:19 AM, Álvaro Castillo wrote:
> > > Yes, the problem is this step on this
> > > guide:
> > > https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Ambassadors_Join_choose_a_mentor
> > > maybe would be better remake the documentation or delete if it and
> > > old
> > >
> > Do you think redirecting that wiki page to the Fedora Join SIG page
> > is
> > more useful? It is possible to redirect a Fedora Wiki page to a
> > Fedora
> > Docs page automatically.
> >
> >     https://docs.fedoraproject.org/en-US/fedora-join/
>

> Wait a moment.
> This means that if someone would like to become an Ambassador, it
> should contact the Join SIG?
>
> I mean, all the processes to become an ambassador remain the same as it
> was in the past, but the mentoring process should be done by people in
> the Join SIG?

I have the same question. The Join SIG does not have the man-power to
mentor everyone.  If to-be ambassadors are to be mentored by the Join
SIG, then we'd expect lots of ambassadors to join the Join SIG to do
this.

The Join SIG only works if there are sufficient numbers of people from
the community mentoring newcomers.

--
Thanks,
Regards,