Hello Matthew,
Yes, I am primarily looking for programming tasks but there is no
particular area that I am already familiar with or interested in. In
other words I am open to exploring all the different opportunities. I also
do have my eyes on GSoC but I am more interested in gaining valuable
programming experience working on the project.