On Fri, 2021-01-08 at 10:37 -0500, Matthew Miller wrote:
> On Fri, Jan 08, 2021 at 08:55:17AM +0100, Alessio wrote:
> > I agree with FranciscoD. The mailing list is actually used mainly
> > for
> > announcements and not for team coordination.
> > It's more like a newsletter right now from the team's point of
> > view.
>
> I guess I'm thinking primarily about the "introduce yourself" and
> guidance
> phase. I'm wondering how many people we're losing at that barrier.

Well, subscribing a mailing list can be a training in their journey.
Nowadays many people don't know about mailing lists. However, as far as
we can see, new people is able and willing to subscribe the mailing
list. My concern is maybe the contrary: the introduction itself could
be lost by many community members (who is currently subscribed to this
list?).
Well, it could be an idea. We could ask people to subscribe the mailing
list, but instead of asking them to send the introduction to the
mailing list itself, we could point them to
<https://discussion.fedoraproject.org/t/introduce-yourself/1875/65>

Ciao,
A.