2008/11/27 Patrick O'Callaghan <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
> On Thu, 2008-11-27 at 16:59 +0100, Guillaume wrote:
>> hi,
>>

>> I would like to send a html mail from console with the  `mail`
>> utility. I try this :
>>    cat html.file |mail -s subject [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>> I try to had some header in the htlm.file but it does not work too.
>
> You need to say what you mean by "does not work".
Ok sorry !

When i send email with simple command like
    $cat html.file |mail -s subject [EMAIL PROTECTED]
the mail arrive to recipient but is not read as HTML. In the mail
reader the html tag appear in "clear" and text is not formatted...
Of course, the file i use is well formated in html language.

2008/11/27 Iarly Selbir <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
> Hi,
>
> read it:
>
> http://www.liamdelahunty.com/tips/linux_send_html_email_from_command_line.php
I try it but without sendmail cause it need root access. And it does not work.

2008/11/27 Fred Silsbee <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

> this once worked:
>
>  >mail [EMAIL PROTECTED]<xxx.txt
>
> or
>
>> mail [EMAIL PROTECTED]<xxx.txt         you'll be prompted

And this does not work too. I'll check if `mail` have some options to
correctly handle html.

Thanks all for your replies :)

--
Guillaume