Douglas McClendon wrote:

A downside, is that an F7 version of livecd-iso-to-disk would not work with an F8 livecd. I think its worth it, but I admit it is a downside.

Though OTOH, an f7-updates version of livecd-tools mitigates this.

Also, one more addition to the scheme, would be prepending the fslabel to the fstype.img syntax, e.g. for f7 it would become

iso9660:/LiveOS/Fedora-7-Live-i386.squashfs.img

This would potentially facilitate a nice directory structure for LiveDVDs and LiveUSBs that could boot more than one LiveOS image.

I don't think there are any issues with that syntax regarding vfat/iso9660/syslinux filename limitations (?)

-dmc