Richard S. Hall wrote:
> [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

>>> Well, the issue that remains is how we use jfree and jcommon, both of
>>> which are, as I understand it, Jmood dependencies, and both are LGPL.
>>>
>> Not Jmood, but MOSGi dependencies.
>
> Yes, people seemed to have gotten lost. :-)

Well, I have, certainly. Remember, when it comes to Felix, I'm
definitely not technical - and can't follow everything you guys are up
to :-)

> Well, the way I see it, if we cannot find compatible graphing libraries,
> then we can either remove the component and Stephane can host it
> separately (perhaps at Source Forge) or we can create some sort of
> bridging and make it optional somehow. Stephane probably knows what
> makes the most sense.

Yes, that sounds right. (The bridging basically could simply be a readme
that says "This component can also handle graphing, but requires LGPL
libraries which are Apache License incompatible to do so. If you are
happy to use these libraries, you can download them from ..."

We could check that on legal-discuss, but I suspect that would be
acceptable wording.

This should, IMO, be fine, as MOSGi itself is an optional component of
Felix, and the charting part is an optional part of that. I think we've
got the 'optional' bit covered :-)

Regards, Upayavira