Felix Meschberger wrote:
Hi Stefano,

1 - What is the meaning of Ignore-Package and Private-Package manifest
directive? I couldn't find any information on those directive on OSGi R4
specification :S

These come from the Ignore-Package and Private-Package instructions to BND
and are AFAIK not official OSGi manifest headers.
OK! So those are not used by Felix at all :)

2 - Why does not "Shell TUI" bundle Import-Package report the package
org.apache.felix.shell even if in it's used in the bundle Activator?

The Activator refers to the ShellService of the
org.apache.felix.shellpackage, hence this package MUST be imported.

Hope this helps.
Unfortunately it cause me other doubts :S.

If the package MUST be imported, why if you look at the manifest of "Shell TUI" bundle you'll see that NO Import-Package header are present at all!! ( If you want I can attach the manifest )

Also why is the "Shell Tui" bundle working?
How can it can resolve the class that define the service that it uses?
May be that the Felix's classloader uses the Import-Service?

Regards
Felix