Will do.  Thanks for the pointer.  :)

Tim

Jeremy Volkman wrote:
Perhaps you should look at the OSGi Event Admin spec, which is a pub/sub
event framework that uses the whiteboard pattern.

http://www2.osgi.org/javadoc/r4/org/osgi/service/event/package-summary.html

HTH,
Jeremy

On 4/28/07, Tim Moloney <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Is it possible to use the whiteboard pattern for an event-driven
application?

I have a prototype of what I want to accomplish using the listener
pattern.  I experienced first-hand the extra admin of getting service
references, etc.  I've read a couple of the tutorials which describe
using the whiteboard pattern in OSGi but they aren't event-driven.  The
timing of these examples is controlled by the event-listener, not the
event source.  I need the interaction to take place when the event
occurs, not when the listener gets around to it.

Am I missing something obvious or should I just stick with the listener
pattern?

Perhaps another way to ask this is, what is the best way for an
event-driven app to use the OSGi service registry?

Thanks,
  Tim