On Sun, Sep 27, 2009 at 4:08 AM, john skaller
<skal...@users.sourceforge.net> wrote:

> shouldn't this code be in the library?

It does, I just noticed that once I got optimizations working it
automatically inlined the internal tail call. I expect when I start
tail calling external functions then I'll use llvm's tail call
mechanism.

> Interestingly, llvm uses fixed sized ints, so the typedefs
> between i32 and int for C++ would go backwards.
>
> Hmmmm.. this is a challange for the conditional compilation
> system.

Yeah, I haven't figured out yet how to do that in the long run. We
could do something different for the llvm backend and say that int
always means a 32 bit number, but I expect that I'll just define int8,
int16, int32, int64, etc, and typedef byte, short, int, long to the
corresponding c typename. Shouldn't be that bad.