On 25/11/2010, at 5:48 AM, john skaller wrote:

> WARNING: there is no dependency checking. If the library is changed,
> the changes will not be noticed, and any diagnostics will point to the
> wrong lines of the library files. To work around this either:
>
> * blow away lib/std.libtab, or
> * use the --force option on compilation, or
> * touch lib/std.flx
> * blow away your --cache_dir if you're using one

BTW: at present --force does NOT force re-parsing. There is in fact
no way to do this other than touching the *.flx file or blowing away
the *.par2 file. The theory is that the parse depends only on the *.flx
file so there's no need to ever force re-parsing, but that theory is wrong.

Reparsing is needed if the Felix version is changed, and that is checked
already.
However it is also needed if the compiler is changed in case the data structures
and initial grammar stuff are changed: this shouldn't affect end users unless
they download a new compiler and use it with already installed libraries
(instead of rebuilding the libraries).

However the grammar IS supposedly user extensible and that isn't being
checked.

The easiest way to be absolutely sure is to use

flx --cache_dir=~/.my_felix_cache ....

and blow away ~/.my_felix_cache (but make sure to keep using the cache dir
otherwise Felix will default to the cached parses in /usr/local/lib/felix!)

yea, at some stage I will have to fix this too :)

--
john skaller
skal...@users.sourceforge.net