Nina,

I know what you mean about trying everything.  This
was kind of like "Well, she's going to die regardless
so let's just try everything, even if it's not
necessarily indicated for her exact situation.  Maybe
something will stick!"  I don't mean to sound
negative, but we really had little reason to believe
that she would pull through this.  I kind of think
it's not the Epogen - just because the Rx says it
takes weeks to take affect.  So I'm led to believe the
blood transfusion and steroids (as well as the food
she's now eating thanks to the stimulants) are
helping.  But it's hard to say about the steroids and
how much they are playing a part in her feeling good.

I had the flu a few months ago and within 2 hours of
my first symtoms I took about 5 medications (2 of them
homeopathic).  I was cured the next morning!  I know
it's probably not the best way to treat things - I
figured if the medicines didn't kill me they'd make me
better - it's worked for me and Gary now!  I *would*
like to slowly get her off stuff so that her liver
isn't stressed and switch her over to mostly
homeopathic remedies.

Jill

Jill,
I'm filing this one too, thank you.  We try so many
things, and when
they're crashing, we try them all at once.  It would
be nice to know
which ones, or, if all, are what helps pull them
through.  I'm so glad
Gary is feeling better.
Nina