Thanks, Julie. I hear you loud and clear.  I have a friend who feeds a few different colonies here, and one of the colonies she is having a real problem with the neighbor.  This neighbor threatens her safety of cats if she continues to feed them, and throws the food away every time she put the food.  She tries to put all different areas, and put it out between 2 am and 6 am, that’s when she found that the neighbor is not watching her -   She rarely sees the cats anymore maybe because of the time of the day, maybe they are afraid of the neighbor – anyway, only if I win millions of dollars, I would gather all the feral cats nation wide and hire emphatic vets full time and take care of them for the rest of their lives -.

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Julie Johnson
Sent: Wednesday, March 02, 2005 7:24 AM
To: felvtalk@felineleukemia.org
Subject: Feral Issues

Hi Everyone,

Hideyo, I'm sorry that you have to deal with the stress of trying to help these cats and keep them safe from the dogs, all the while worrying that it could cost your job.

I am working on trapping and relocating a feral colony because there are dangers to the cats from employees on campus; threats have been made about 'getting rid' of the cats.  One of the people I'm working with is a police officer (one of the geniuses who has threatened the cats did so in front of her and she told him if anything happened to them she'd come looking for him first; now, really, just how stupid do you have to be to say somehting like that in front of a cop?  We're really dealing with Mensa members here).  If we go to Administration we're afraid that they'll have them trapped and killed.

It's so frustrating; we have people who are afraid now to go there and trap because of harrassment, and we can't all be there all the time.  Plus, most are living underground where there is a heat source so they are not predictable in their movements; it's so cold and snowy here that their schedule is very irregular and we can't leave traps unattended in this freezing weather. Arggg!

I really sympathize with what you're going through and I wish you the best.

Julie

"I hold that, the more helpless a creature, the more entitled it is
to protection by man from the cruelty of man. "

by the way its animals are treated."

Mohandas Gandhi (1869-1948)

Paws Come WITH Claws!!!

If you're thinking about de-clawing your cat, you need to re-think your decision to acquire a pet.

Celebrate Yahoo!'s 10th Birthday!