I need some ideas for a kitty that adopted me. He was a 30lb white Tom
Cat (AKA TeeCee), but in the past month has deteriorated to 9 lbs. He's
got an infection in his left hind at the nail that he can't seem to
kick.

He's been on Bayitril for two weeks now @ 22.5mg 1x daily, it's having
no effect. He quit eating yesterday.

He tested positive on the in office test for FELV, he was an inside
kitty, his owners moved to New York this winter and set him out. He
ended up at my house.

I have one other kitty and am keeping them separated for the time being.
Right now TeeCee is at the vet's getting fluids and IV antibiotics that
are stronger than the oral, but they don't expect him to pull through.
He's an incredibly sweet kitty, who purrs whenever anyone touches him
(including the vet!). He's easy to treat, easy to handle, house broke
and leash trained.

I'm in Charlotte, NC area if anyone knows of vets or any ideas for me.

Steph