Thanks, Nina - no, I'm not asking it for the kitty in question but more of a general approach and ways to deal with my own and those of others I know. Have been thinking about trying the IO for quite a while, but didn't have the energy to find a vet and deal with the FDA. I know a vet now that would probably do this.

I have 2 FELV fosters of my own, and have lost 3 beloved FELV kitties in the last, um, 3 years - Mr. Black Kitty, Mittens, and Calawalla Banana Boo-boo. So a lingering interest. I'm using daily interferon alpha right now with 2 kitties, Dallas and Houston, and feel pretty comfortable with that. The IO is quite expensive, isn't it. Hope the FDA comes around.

That would be great to be able to get the kitties to turn negative before it enters the bone marrow.

Now this is injected, right? Or is it IV? Sorry, I don't recall if you've said.

Gloria