FYI, lymphoma in the spleen or kidneys can also cause anemia, without suppressing white blood cell count the way lymphoma in the bone marrow does.  But it also makes the spleen and kidneys enlarged, and a vet should be able to feel that when examining the cat. So I would doubt it is that either, in my lay opinion.
Michelle