Thanks Chris--I know exactly what you mean re their terror. It does make
you feel really awful for them. kerry
-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Chris
Sent: Tuesday, May 03, 2005 8:34 PM
To: felvtalk@felineleukemia.org
Subject: RE: I need ideas on best brand of carrier for feral

Rescue Remedy or Feliway didn't make a dent with him....  Vet gave me
ace
after first visit but if your vet knows you already he will more than
likely
give it to you without seeing the cat just to avoid a horrific scene-its
apparently fairly commonly used and not considered a major
'tranquilizer'....

In Big Boy's case, during the first visit, he would not get out of the
'cage' I had him in & when they sort of forced him out he ran wild, hid
behind a bookcase in the office & was literally climbing the walls
trying to
get away.  I felt horrible for him as he was so terrified.  With the
ace, he
really mellowed out & though he was still scared, he was just not so
terrified...

I can get doseage vet had given me for BB & tell you about when I found
it
was best to give it to BB (how many hours before visit) if you want....

Chris
[EMAIL PROTECTED]